*This post has been updated*
The next two weeks or so are going to be very busy for the local GLBTIQAS Community as we prepare for our annual family reunion, aka PRIDE FEST, at the end of this month. I want to take a moment and wish Bil Browning and Jerame Davis, along with all the other Indiana and Inter/National writers and editors, that have made The BILERICO Project the successful avenue of information and queer thought that it is, Happy One Year Anniversary!!
In just a few hours (10 p.m.) contestants will be gathering at After Dark Night Club on Harrison Street, five blocks south of the Grand Wayne Center, to begin finding out who will be the IDOL of Fort Wayne PRIDE Fest 2008. But that is not all.... There are still two other events for PRIDE this week and the Human Rights Campaign's Fort Wayne Chapter has two events going on in the next two weeks as well. Here is a breakdown of the local GLBT Calendar as far as we know or have information for the rest of the month.
- Wed. 9th PRIDE IDOL @ ADNC 10p.m.
- no door cover charge
- Thurs. 10th Obama for President PRIDE
- Question and Answer Session 7:00p.m.
- @ Allen Co. Public Library Pontiac Branch @ 2215 South Hanna St. (north of Creighton)
- Sat. 12th FLOW Poetry and Art Slam Benefit @ UTSCC 7p.m. sugg. donation $5
- Sat. 12th Mr. PRIDE Pageant @ ADNC 10p.m. door cover $4or 5 (manager not sure)
- Mon. 14th PRIDE IDOL for MINORS @ The PINT & SLICE @ 7p.m. sharp
- Mon. 14th PFLAG FW Chapter Monthly Meeting @ Plymouth (West Berry) 7p.m.
- Tues. 15th HRCFW Volunteer Mobilization Meeting (open post in a new tab)
- @ Allen Co Public Library Main Trunk Business & Technology Room 6:30p.m.
- Wed 16th FW PRIDE VOLUNTEER MEETING 6p.m.
- Allen County Public Library Main Branch Meeting Room C
- Sat. 19th FW Area Bears Breakfast @ Golden Corral on Maysville Road 9:30a.m.
- Fri. 25th PRIDE Fest @ Head Waters Park East 7p.m.-12mdnght admit $3
- Sat. 26th PRIDE Fest @ Head Waters Park East 12noon-12mdnght admit $5
- Sun. 27th Open Door Chapel PRIDE Picnic @ Rockhill Park Pavilion 12 noon
- Rockhill Park is located on Catalpa between West Jefferson and Taylor east of Freeman
- Hot Dogs provided please bring covered dish and beverages (no alcohol) to share